The metro Grand Rapids Michigan (GR) area is home to over 1.07 million people–as it is the second-largest city in the State of Michigan. A large percentage of this number includes college students. If you are a college student in Grand Rapids, MI, you may be impressed with what the city has to offer. On the other hand, you may also feel like you are struggling to fit in. Depression is not uncommon in college students, especially in Michigan where the winters are cold and feature a severe lack of sunlight.
Many colleges offer on-campus counseling services to their students. This can be beneficial for those needing short-term therapy; however, many schools are not equipped to meet the demands. Many students are put on a waiting list, missing out on the help they need.
Fortunately, students in Grand Rapids, MI have other options. Among the hundreds of counselors in town, Health for Life stands out as the Trauma-Informed Counseling Center of Grand Rapids, MI. The counselors at Health for Life Counseling Grand Rapids use a holistic health approach, which works to use preventative and scientifically proven methods to help you begin to feel better from the core of your being. They also have trauma training in addition to their standard therapy training. If you are looking for long-term, confidential treatment as soon as possible, contact us or give us a call 616-200-4433.
- Aquinas College
- Aquinas College, an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic and Dominican tradition, provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good.
- Calvin University
- Calvin University is a world-class Christian university in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Here, you will discover a bold, transformative education that’s grounded in Christian conviction.
- Central Michigan University – GR
- Central Michigan University is a public research university based in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. a nationally ranked institution that fosters the transformative power of advanced learning while embracing a sense of community among our students, faculty, staff and more than 235,000 alumni around the world.
- Cornerstone University
- Cornerstone University is an independent, non-denominational Christian university in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Cornerstone University has undergraduate and graduate programs, two seminaries, and a radio division called Cornerstone University Radio. It is a liberal arts university
- Davenport University
- Davenport University is a private, not for profit, university with campuses throughout Michigan and online. Davenport University offers flexible, career-focused degree programs that prepare students to enter the workforce upon graduation.
- Ferris State University
- Ferris State University is a public research university with its main campus in Big Rapids, Michigan. Combining courses through Grand Rapids Community College and Ferris State online allows students to earn degrees from GR.
- Grace Christian University
- Grace Christian University seeks to develop passionate servants of Jesus Christ by personally educating students in an educational program that emphasizes the integration of biblical truth, ministry experience, and character transformation.
- Grand Rapids Community College
- GRCC provides relevant educational opportunities that are responsive to the needs of the community and inspires students to meet economic, social, and environmental challenges to become active participants in shaping the world of the future.
- Grand Valley State University
- Grand Valley State University is a public liberal arts university in Allendale, Michigan. Semester in Grand Rapids (SIGR) is an exciting opportunity to deeply engage with the community of Grand Rapids. In this immersive program, students take classes about the city, intern at a community-based organization, and have the option to live downtown.
- Kuyper College
- Kuyper College is a ministry-focused Christian leadership college in Grand Rapids, Michigan that educates and trains Christian leaders for ministry and service. Kuyper puts biblical faith first in the academic and community experience of students through the integration of a high-quality academic curriculum and a Reformed worldview.
- Western Michigan University – GR
- With over 1,500 students, WMU-Grand Rapids comprises the largest regional location for Western Michigan University. In 2009, WMU-Grand Rapids marked 100 years of service to this metropolitan community. Two WMU-Grand Rapids’ locations, the Beltline location and the Downtown location, serve the needs of area residents who are seeking quality education and professional development.
Does your college student need extra support at this time? Health for Life Counseling Grand Rapids offers many flexible options, including in-person and online counseling sessions.
- We are offering additional options to our clients and the community: Optional Secure Telehealth/ Remote Therapy (covered by insurance).
- Please do not hesitate to reach out to a therapist directly for details. We will customize a plan for your needs. You can also call our reception M-TH, 9-5, (616)-200-4433. We at Health for Life would be glad to help!
To learn more about counseling visit our counseling page here.
Or reach out for a complimentary 15-minute consultation here.