Intentional Parenting Group at Health for Life Counseling Grand Rapids, Fall 2017
a 4 week journey to a healthier relationship with your children
Hosted by Jennifer Belmonte LMSW, CHC in Grand Rapids, MI
What images come to mind when you think of the word “parenting?” Bedtime stories, goodnight kisses, taxi mom, swim lessons, work/life balance? Or perhaps words like exhaustion and marital struggles? Parenting in the 21st century is not for wimps! With technology, food choices, extracurricular activities, we are bombarded with more choices today than ever before!
In this 4-week course, we will discuss topics such as mindful discipline, healthy boundaries, constructive communication between parent and child, self-awareness, and self-care.
The group will be facilitated by family therapist, Jen Belmonte, who has over 10 years of experience working with children, adults, and families. Jen offers an interactive style, with handouts, and even “homework” for those who wish!
We will explore:
- Current myths surrounding parenthood
- The importance of self- care as a parent
- The role of self-awareness in our own parenting experience
- What are your hot buttons? How were YOU parented as a child?
- Intentional language, and how to separate the child from the behavior
- Overcoming challenges with your child
- Deadline for Registration – Tuesday, October 17
- The group will meet on Tuesday nights, from 7:00-8:30pm.
- The group runs October 24 – November 14
- The group meets at Health for Life Counseling Grand Rapids 781 Kenmoor Ave SE, Suite C. Grand Rapids, MI
- Ample parking, Free Water and Tea, Multiple Restrooms
How do I register?
- $125 for all 4 weeks.
- We take HSA card, Credit/Debit, Check, or Cash at the first meeting.
- Discount- if you refer a friend, and they register, you both get $25 dollars off.