[Episode 67 of the Intentional Clinician Podcast]
Paul Krauss MA LPC interviews Dr. Mona Balogh MD. Her latest book, How to Stay Out of My Emergency Room: Master Your Health and Find Joy in Life by Balancing the Power of Your Mind, Your Body, and Your Higher Self, teaches readers how to heal themselves and learn the keys behind true preventative medicine. In this interview, Dr. Balogh brings anecdotes from her years of experience in an emergency room setting to describe philosophical concepts she has learned from her time studying Eastern philosophies. In this interview, you will also learn about how Eastern Philosophy and Western Medicine can be merged in a way that may benefit anyone. At the end of the interview, Dr. Balogh walks listeners through a meditation inspired by her book!
Our mindset has a huge impact on our health, both mental and physical. This is something Dr. Balogh learned early on when she encountered meditative practices. Her realization that the mind and body were intertwined influenced how she saw her own health and her patients’ health. Our minds are not passively creating thoughts in our brain when necessary–they are constantly shaping how we think and how our bodies respond to the world. That is why it is so important to practice mindfulness. It may take time to develop mindfulness skills, but Dr. Balogh’s book is a great place to start if you are interested in learning more about how our minds work and how to practice the ultimate form of preventative care.
- Connect w/ Dr. Mona Balogh, MD on Linkedin.
- Get the book! How to Stay out of My Emergency Room
- Follow Mona Balogh’s work on her website!
- Preview the NEW On-Demand Online Video Course for the Parents of Young Adults by Paul Krauss MA LPC
- Want to get trained in EMDR Therapy? Looking for some great advanced EMDR therapy trainings? Check out EMDR Training Solutions and Register Today!
- Use the code INTENTIONAL at checkout, and get $100 Dollars OFF at Checkout!
- Remember, from my research, EMDR Training Solutions is the most affordable independent training on the market!
- EMDR Training Solutions: for all of your EMDR training needs!
Paul Krauss MA LPC is the Clinical Director of Health for Life Grand Rapids, home of The Trauma-Informed Counseling Center of Grand Rapids. Paul is also a Private Practice Psychotherapist, EMDRIA Consultant in Training (CIT), host of the Intentional Clinician podcast, Behavioral Health Consultant, Clinical Trainer, and Counseling Supervisor. Paul is now offering consulting for a few individuals and organizations. Paul is the creator of the National Violence Prevention Hotline (in progress) as well as the Intentional Clinician Training Program for Counselors. Questions? Call the office at 616-200-4433.
If you are looking for EMDRIA consulting groups, Paul Krauss MA LPC is now hosting weekly online and in-person groups. For details, click here.
Follow Health for Life Grand Rapids: