at Health for Life Grand Rapids
Couples Counseling may include, but is not limited to these elements:
- Focusing the therapy on a specific conflict (e.g. jealousy, infidelity, sexual issues, addiction, parenting, etc.).
- Working on a holistic way of improving the relationship as a whole.
- Focusing on realistic and quick solutions to help the couple out of a crisis.
- Working on clear and fair objectives agreed upon by both members of the couple.
- Education and Practice on new ways of communicating and relating
- Increasing intimacy between two people (e.g. Communication, Friendship, Sexual, etc.)
- Establishing a clear path for the couple to repair intimacy and restore closeness.
How couple's counseling can help
Trauma-Informed Counseling and Emotion-Focused Therapy for Couples, Individuals, and Families