Paul Krauss MA LPC, one of Dr. Cain’s favorite people in the world (full disclosure: he’s also her partner), is interviewed by Holistic Inner Balance. Paul Krauss, MA, LPC, is a therapist in Grand Rapids, Michigan, who has received substantial education and training in EMDR therapy. Paul Krauss is a licensed professional counselor in the West Michigan area who specializes in using EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy) to treat trauma. He also works with clients who are dealing with anxiety, depression, relationship problems, social anxiety, and a variety of other issues.
Here are some of the conversation’s main points:
- What is Trauma?
- What is traumatic for one person may not be traumatic for another, and vice versa, demonstrating how trauma is subjective but incredibly debilitating.
- A Description of EMDR therapy.
- When verbal therapy is insufficient, EMDR therapy is a great addition
- How can you feel different ways about the same thing?
- How to use mindfulness effectively
- Finding a therapist that aligns with you
- What to do if you have trauma – working on mind and body
- Working on your body and mind when you have trauma
Find out what Paul is up to:
Intentional Clinician Podcast: https://healthforlifegr.com/the-intentional-clinician/
If you live in Michigan, get set up with a trauma-informed therapist: www.healthforlifegr.com
Read the blog: www.healthforlifegr.com/blog/