[Episode 91 of The Intentional Clinician Podcast]
The Intentional Clinician Podcast welcomes back Dr. Stephen G. Post Ph.D., who will discuss his most recent book, Dignity for Deeply Forgetful People: How Caregivers may Meet the Challenges of Alzheimer’s Disease. Dr. Post is a professor, author, researcher, and advocate who is very knowledgeable. Dr. Post and Paul Krauss MA LPC had a stimulating conversation about the difficulties of aging for people who have memory loss as well as how to support those who care for people who have Alzheimer’s disease.
How can we approach a loved one who is “very forgetful” in order to notice and support their ongoing self-identity? Stephen G. Post has spent the last three decades urging caregivers to recognize unexpected manifestations of selfhood despite the difficulties of cognitive decline and to find newfound hope in them.
Connect with Dr. Post here:
Check out the book here:
Are you a parent of an adult that is having major difficulties? Is there conflict in your family about how much help to give your adult child?
- Preview the On-Demand Online Video Course for the Parents of Young Adults by Paul Krauss MA LPC
- Want to get trained in EMDR Therapy? Looking for some great advanced EMDR therapy training? Check out EMDR Training Solutions and Register Today!
- Use the code INTENTIONAL at checkout, and get $100 Dollars OFF at Checkout!
- Remember, from my research, EMDR Training Solutions is the most affordable independent training on the market!
- EMDR Training Solutions: for all of your EMDR training needs.
Paul Krauss MA LPC is the Clinical Director of Health for Life Counseling Grand Rapids, home of The Trauma-Informed Counseling Center of Grand Rapids. Paul is also a Private Practice Psychotherapist, an Approved EMDRIA Consultant , host of the Intentional Clinician podcast, Behavioral Health Consultant, Clinical Trainer, and Counseling Supervisor. Paul is now offering consulting for a few individuals and organizations. Paul is the creator of the National Violence Prevention Hotline (in progress) as well as the Intentional Clinician Training Program for Counselors. Paul has been quoted in the Washington Post, NBC News, and Wired Magazine. Questions? Call the office at 616-200-4433.
If you are looking for EMDRIA consulting groups, Paul Krauss MA LPC is now hosting weekly online and in-person groups. For details, click here.
Follow Health for Life Grand Rapids: